Saturday, November 15, 2008

I am starting to wonder if I am a kook, or if it's mostly everyone else.

For Example:

A few weeks ago, yours truly, Brittni, Ashley, my Mom, Sandra and Amber went to Gardner Village to check out the Halloween goodies they had there. Gardner Village consists of a restaurant that (to me) doesn't have that great of food, and a bunch of buildings that are little shops. None of these shops have toys in them which is why I could not figure out what the hell all the little children were doing there!!!!

While we were having dinner, there was a table next to us and it was obvious they were celebrating something, hence all the beer that was being kicked back at their table. When we got up to leave there was a little 3 year old girl sitting there with a cake in front of her and all the oldies were cheersing each other and shouting "Happy Birthday!". Now, maybe my kids are weird, but they have never asked to go there for their b-days. And I can't imagine that is what the girl picked either. Unless she is a big fan of fried green tomatoes, and salmon.

While walking around the shops, people were following their kids around with video cameras, and snapping pics left and right. They were saying things like, "Ok, sweetie poo, go sit on the bale of straw so Mamma can take your picture." Then the picture would be snapped and then you heard, "Diddums, stay right there and I'll take your movie sitting on the bale of straw. Don't move!"

Are the children enjoying this? No. Do the 'rents want to be able to say, (over tea with their pinkys up) "We took the little ones to Gardner Village. It was simply adorable. They had the best time. And, of course, sweetie poo just had to have the $120 play slip, so of course we bought it for her." (not mentioning the fact that to do so, they just maxed their cc)? Yes.

It drives me nuts! I am a big fan of GV but, come on. Let kids be kids people. And find a friend to do your grown up stuff with.

Which brings me to my next point:

Animals are animals, not people.

On a recent trip to Oceanside I was walking down to the beach. Where we were, the beach goes, ocean, sand, huge rocks. I was coming down the little ramp you go down before you get to the sand and there was a couple there, probably 50's, holding a red leash that led into the rocks. I was all , "Nice. Just let your dog crap there, sickos." As I walked by I looked to see what kind of dog they had and it wasn't a dog, it was a cat. On a leash. With a harness. So, I begin a frantic search for my camera, because I have never in my life seen something so stupid, and I don't think anyone will believe this story. Taking a cat on a walk on the beach. And of course, it's the one time I am without my camera for the whole freakin trip. I can't stop staring. Then the lady begins tugging on the leash and saying, "Here kitty, kitty, mew, mew." And I realise she is trying to get the cat to go to by the water. Now I am laughing my ass off. If any of you have tried to put a cat in the tub, it looked about the same. Except they had a leash. This cat was not having it. There is no way it was going to go in the water. So the guy picks it up, like by it's armpits and starts walking towards the water and he bends down, and tries to get the cat to splash in it with its paws. I wanted to go and ask him if he was aware he had a CAT! And the last time I checked they didn't enjoy the water. Not even a little trickle of water, let alone the OCEAN!

So I guess what I'm saying is if you want a friend, get one and spare your kid. If you want a kid, get one and spare your cat.

1 comment:

Brittni said...

You have the deepest thoughts. Don't hurt yourself. Um...I took Caleb to Gardner's Village.................