Monday, August 18, 2008

SESHWAN BEEF

I made this for dinner and it was pretty delish.

1 lb flank steak
2 T soy sauce
4 t sesame oil
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 t cornstarch
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 T minced fresh ginger (I left this out cuz me no likey)
1/4 t crushed red pepper
1 small red bell pepper in 1 inch pieces (I left these out also, again, me no likey)
1 15 oz can corn, drained
1/4 lb pea pods, juienned

Cut flank steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/8 inch thick strips. In med bow., combine soy sauce, 2 t sesame oil, suger and cornstarch; add beef, tossing to coat.

In large skillet, heat the remaining 2 t sesame oil over med-high heat until hot. Add garlic, ginger and crushed red pepper, cook 30 seconds. Add bell pepper and corn; stir-fry 1 1/2 min. Add pea pods; stir-fry 30 sec. Remove veggies. Add beef in two stages and stir fry 1-2 min or until ouside surface is no longer pink. Return veggies and beef to skillet and heat through.

We had this on rice and Griff thought I went to Panda Express. YUM

No comments: